Frying morel mushrooms is one of the most popular ways to prepare them, but I love to begin the day with a batch of sautéed morels as part of a scrambled egg dish. The process is exceedingly simple and boils down to six easy steps:
- Cut mushrooms in half lengthwise and rinse in salt water to eliminate bugs and provide a cleaner fruit.
- Pat-dry mushrooms on a paper towel and lightly flower.
- Beat a half dozen eggs with milk and set aside.
- Sauté the mushroom until brown in butter or oil.
- Pour egg batter over mushrooms and cook until eggs are done.
- Salt, pepper, and enjoy! Serves two.